prof. dr hab. Andrzej Królak2020.04.15 17:41 - admin-bp4
Phone number: +48 22 553 2284
E-mail: name.lastname (at) domain
I am the leader of Polgraw group (https://polgraw.camk.edu.pl/pl/) - a member of the Virgo gravitational wave detector project (http://www.virgo-gw.eu/). The groups has 26 members from 9 Polish institutions (including NCBJ). Virgo Project collaborates closely with the LIGO Project (https://www.ligo.org/). By Memorandum of Understanding between LIGO and Virgo, all analyses are performed jointly by common data analysis groups.
I specialize in searches for gravitational wave signals from rotating neutron stars. I have developed a number of pipelines to search for such signals. The pipelines are used for the analysis of LIGO and Virgo data and resulted in several publications of the LIGO - Virgo consortium.
List of publications:
1. P. Jaranowski and A. Królak, Optimal solution of the inverse problem
for the gravitational wave signal of a coalescing compact binary,
Phys. Rev. D49 (1994) 1723.
2. P. Jaranowski, A. Królak, and B. F. Schutz, Data analysis of gravitational-wave
signals from pulsars. I. The signal and its detection, Phys. Rev. D58 (1998) 063001.
3. A. Królak, M. Vallisneri, and M. Tinto, Optimal filtering of the LISA data,
Physical Review D70 (2004) 022003.
4. P. Astone, K. Borkowski, P. Jaranowski, M. Pietka and A. Królak,
Data analysis of gravitational-wave signals from spinning neutron stars. V.
A narrow-band all-sky search, Physical Review D82 022005 (2010).
5. B.P. Abbott et al, Implementation of an F-statistic all-sky search for continuous
gravitational waves in Virgo VSR1 data, Class. Quantum Grav. Vol. 31 (2014) 165014.
LSC - Virgo Collaboration paper.
6. All authors of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo Collaboration,
Observation of Gravitational Waves from a Binary Black Hole Merger,
Phys. Rev. Lett 116 061102 (2016)
7. All authors of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo Collaboration,
GW170817: Observation of Gravitational Waves from a Binary Neutron Star Inspiral,
Phys. Rev. Lett 119 161101 (2017)
Analysis of Gravitational-Wave Data, P. Jaranowski and A. Królak,
Cambridge University Press, Cambridge 2009.