Assistant Professor – neutron diffraction | NOMATEN2022.11.17 8:39 - Anna Sawińska
National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) is one of the biggest research institutions in Poland and the operator of the only Polish nuclear research reactor Maria. We perform nuclear reactor and nuclear fuel studies with emphasis on the nuclear installations safety and quality of the materials used in nuclear facilities.
We seek qualified research workers who will conduct and coordinate research performed with five neutron diffractometers transferred from reactor BerII of the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH to the Maria reactor of NCBJ.
Assistant Professor – neutron diffraction
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
The successful candidate will be responsible for structure research carried out with thermal neutron diffractometers transferred from the BerII reactor to the Maria reactor. The position includes coordination of the research as well as responsibility for operation of one of the diffractometers with its sample environment devices (cryostats, magnets and furnaces).
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry or Material Engineering,
- Solid background in condensed matter physics and diffraction techniques,
- Experience in experimental condensed matter research,
- Good command of English language,
- Willingness to work at the nuclear reactor hall,
- Team working ability, creativity and task discretion.
- Experience in diffraction techniques research (neutron, X-ray or electron),
- Expertise in characterisation of residual stresses
What we offer:
- Employment in an international environment,
- Access to modern technologies,
- Opportunity to reach a postdoctoral degree (habilitation),
- Friendly job environment.
- Company transport from Warsaw to Świerk and backwards (more information: https://bus.swierk.pl/rozklad-jazdy/).
- Additional annual salary and other social security benefits.
- The health center (basic medical care)
- scientific degree diploma (scan)
- motivation letter
- list of publications
- brief statement of research interests
Contact: dr. Jacek Milczarek, firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications with note: „Assistant Professor – Neutron Diffraction”, should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470