Assistant Professor position (specialist for thermal properties studies) | LBM2022.01.17 8:14 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research opens the competition for the position of
Assistant Professor position (specialist for thermal properties studies)
at Material Research Laboratory
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
- work in the thermal properties laboratory, conducting measurements from room temperature until at least 1000 ºC (depending from the measurement technique);
- hands on experience with DSC, DTA, TGA, LFA and dilatometry measurements
- training other employees in thermal properties measurements;
- cooperation with other research groups at LBM and NCBJ;
- preparation of scientific publications and grant applications;
- experience in sample preparation by using specialized tools, e.g. EDM
- working experience with numerical methods, e.g. MD, DDD, FDM.
- doctor of technical and physical sciences or doctor of chemical sciences and related disciplines;
- experience in the synthesis of materials and thermal properties studies;
- work in the material laboratory.
An additional advantage of the candidate will be:
- published scientific journal papers (at least 10) related to the thermal properties studies and nuclear materials;
- understanding impact of radiation damage on functional properties of materials;
- completed research internships and experience in working at foreign research institutions working with nuclear materials (at least 6 months);
- fluent spoken and written English;
- knowledge of other measurement techniques, eg. XRD, SEM / EDS / EBSD, AFM or Raman spectroscopy;
- experience in working with students;
- programming skills, e.g. java.
- Scan / copy of PhD diploma
- List of publications
- Description of research interests
All applications should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).