Assistant Professor position | TJ32022.07.05 13:33 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research opens the competition for the position of
at the Radiation Detectors and Plasma Diagnostics Division
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
The Radiation Detectors and Plasma Diagnostics Division conducts research and application work in the field of physical sciences, in particular research on scintillation materials and the development of ionizing radiation detectors, as well as research on plasma physics and the development of plasma diagnostics techniques. Studies of the emission of X and gamma rays, fast electrons, ions, and neutrons from plasma in research devices such as Rod Plasma Injectors (RPI), Plasma-Focus (PF), Inertial Confinement Fusion (ICF), and tokamak traps are conducted. There are national and international projects focused on neutron activation analysis for the study of industrial raw materials (cement, metals), the development of scintillation or gaseous detectors for border security and nuclear medicine, and scientific experiments at large research facilities (CERN, ILL Grenoble).
Scientists interested in applied science, both as a part of fundamental research, and industrial applications can find here a suitable environment for pursuing their ambitions.
The successful candidate is expected to strengthen the competencies of the Radiation Detectors and Plasma Diagnostics Division in the field of nuclear methods in radiation detection studies, as well as the development of scintillation detectors for cosmic rays. Additional information about the TJ3 division is available on its website: https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/tj3.
- the academic degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the field of physical sciences;
- documented participation in research and application achievements in the field of ionizing radiation detection; preference will be given to candidates with experience in nuclear physics methods in the study of scintillators properties;
- due to the profile of the division’s activity, the preferred expertise is gamma and neutron measurements, experimental data analysis, and spectroscopy after activating materials with neutrons;
- independence in the implementation of the approved research programs. We expect the candidate to creatively use the available resources for his or her own research team building;
- knowledge of the English language fluent enough, to enable unrestricted cooperation in the international scientific environment;
- Curriculum Vitae
- a copy of documents confirming the formal qualifications held (PhD);
- self-presentation, containing a description of the candidate's scientific achievements, along with a list of publications, patents, and implementations;
- any other possible document that might influence the assessment;
- optionally, letters of recommendation or contact details of persons (e-mail, telephone, research unit) who, at the request of the commission, may provide the candidate with appropriate recommendations, can be attached.
- interesting work in a friendly and competent team;
- stable employment conditions;
- work environment committed to professional growth;
- access to research infrastructure, adequate for a research unit awarded with the A + category.
Contact: All information about the competition is provided by the HR Unit via e-mail: DHR@ncbj.gov.pl.
Place of submitting applications:
- Please send your applications in electronic form to the address: DHR@ncbj.gov.pl.
We kindly ask you to clearly identify the competition in the subject or main body of your letter.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).