Assistant Professor (Specialist in the area of corrosion and structural research) | MAB NOMATEN2023.09.25 16:27 - Anna Sawińska
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) is formed through a scientific partnership between the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ-Poland), the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-France) and the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT-Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. It is currently composed of 5 Research Groups and is directed by Mikko Alava.
More about NOMATEN CoE and the detailed project descriptions at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
NCBJ opens the competition for the position of
(specialist in the area of corrosion and structural research)
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
- conducting standard electrochemical corrosion tests such as electrochemical impedance spectroscopy or cyclic voltamperometry
- conducting local electrochemical tests using scanning electrochemical microscopy SECM
- conducting immersion corrosion tests and further analysis of the concentration of released metal ions
- helping in organization of corrosion and electrochemical laboratory, including preparing purchase documents
- training of other Co-workers in the area of electrochemical tests
- performing microscopic observations of the surfaces of metal-based materials with the application of microscopic techniques
- development of the new procedures for analysis of the corrosion processes that are taking place in the metal-based materials
- cooperation with other groups in NCBJ
- preparation of the scientific publications and grant proposals
- PhD in the technical sciences or related disciplines (preferentially in materials or chemical science) (no longer than 5 years)
- Experience in laboratory work, at least 5 years
- Ability to conducting electrochemical research and analyzing obtained independently
- Ability to conducting microscopic observations such as scanning electron microscopy SEM or transmission electron microscopy TEM independently
- Experience in sample preparation for the structural and corrosion tests
- Experience in designing experiments and analytical skills – performing measurements with different types of techniques and correlation of obtained structural, mechanical, and corrosion results
- Ability to start cooperation with different scientific groups and research institutes including foreign institutions
- Fluent spoken and written English
What we offer:
- Full time employment
- Employment in one of the largest research Institute in Poland.
- Good learning environment. Support of an experienced team.
- Excellence with full research autonomy and being part of a diverse and supportive team of professionals.
- Work in Polish and international networks with research institutes and industrial companies.
- Company transport from Warsaw to Świerk and backwards (more information: https://bus.swierk.pl/rozklad-jazdy/).
- Additional annual salary and other social security benefits.
- a copy of the diploma (or other document) confirming obtaining PhD degree
- curriculum vitae
- list of scientific publications
- self-presentation, containing a description of the candidate's scientific achievements
- any other possible documents that may affect the assessment
All applications in English should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.