Assistant Professor (Specialist in IR/THz radiation physics and optics) | NOMATEN2022.11.14 14:43 - Anna Sawińska
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) is formed through a scientific partnership between the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ-Poland), the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-France) and the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT-Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. It is currently composed of 5 Research Groups and is directed by Mikko Alava.
More about NOMATEN CoE and the detailed project descriptions at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
NCBJ opens the competition for the position of
Assistant Professor (Specialist in IR/THz radiation physics and optics)
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Development and leadership of the research group and a Free Electrons Laser applications based infrared and THz optical laboratory and experimental stations therein
- Collaboration and participation in scientific groups from PolFEL and other laboratories. IR/THz beamline operation and users support. Independent formulation of related scientific case, relevant experimental approach and own group fostering.
- Collaboration with accelerator, solid state, IT, and construction specialists quite often extending beyond that scope.
- Preparing substantial grants proposals, publishing, participation in meetings, workshops and conferences
- Experience in IR/THz radiation physics and optics, particularly: experimental system development and their application in research practice , measurement techniques and data analysis applied for material science, new states of matter or life science
- PhD in physics or material science or chemistry or biology or in related matter.
What we offer:
- Employment - 0.5 FTE.
- Employment in one of the largest research Institute in Poland.
- Good learning environment. Support of an experienced team.
- Excellence with full research autonomy and being part of a diverse and supportive team of professionals.
- Work in Polish and international networks with research institutes and industrial companies.
- Company transport from Warsaw to Świerk and backwards (more information: https://bus.swierk.pl/rozklad-jazdy/).
- Additional annual salary and other social security benefits.
- scientific degree diploma (scan)
- brief statement of research interests along with a list of publications, patents and implementations, description of other achievements (conference presentations, internships, etc.)
All applications should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470