Cyclotron operator | MAB NOMATEN2022.03.04 16:17 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research opens the competition for the position of
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) is formed through a scientific partnership between the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ-Poland), the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-France) and the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT-Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. It is currently composed of 5 Research Groups and is directed by Mikko Alava. NOMATEN CoE focuses research on the development and assessment of innovative multifunctional materials for industrial and medical applications, and linked to the latter, is currently growing the “Radiopharmaceuticals” group.
More about NOMATEN CoE and the detailed project descriptions at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
Research studies will be done in close collaboration with the research team of Radioisotope Centre POLATOM at NCBJ, a worldwide known manufacturer of radiopharmaceuticals, as well as with prominent scientists in the field of radiopharmaceutical sciences from CEA/JOLIOT partners in France.
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
- learning about the construction and operation of the cyclotron for the production of isotopes for medical purposes,
- control of the cyclotron’s operation and other devices related to the cyclotron,
- contact and communication with the cyclotron supplier, cooperation in removing failure or breakdown of the cyclotron and devices installed in technological lines,
- performance of control measurements, supervision over the correct operation of the cyclotron and devices related to the cyclotron,
- preparation and keeping documentation of supervision over devices and equipment for production and research,
- cooperation with the production team and research team in planning and implementing the target irradiation program in the cyclotron.
- MSc in physics or chemistry in the following fields:
- Applications of physics in biology and medicine - specialty medical physics,
- Energy and Nuclear Chemistry,
The offer applies to graduates of the above-mentioned fields of study, experience in the work of an accelerator or a cyclotron operator is welcome, but is not required.
The candidate should:
- have interdisciplinary knowledge of physics, chemistry and nuclear medicine,
- be substantively prepared to solve technical and scientific problems with the use of radioactive isotopes, both on the laboratory and industrial scale, including environmental research,
- have the ability to understand the operation of nuclear devices: nuclear reactors, accelerators,
- have the practical ability to detect ionizing radiation, operate dosimetry devices, be able to assess the risk of ionizing radiation and know how to reduce exposure,
- know how to acquire and develop empirical data, can visualize and interpret them, have the ability to use scientific and technical literature, nuclear databases,
- have good knowledge of computer techniques,
- be able to communicate effectively with specialists and non-specialists in physics, chemistry, nuclear science and techniques and related fields, initiating a scientific discussion or contributing to the popularization of knowledge,
- demonstrate a very good English (spoken and written) communication, knowledge of other foreign languages is welcome,
- have the ability to work in a team,
- be independent, accurate and systematic.
- work in one of the fastest growing institutes in Poland (according to Diament Forbes 2021),
- stable employment with a competitive salary,
- good and friendly working atmosphere in an experienced team,
- possibility of development and improvement of professional and scientific qualifications,
- additional annual salary and other social security benefits,
- Company transport from Warsaw to Świerk and backwards (https://bus.swierk.pl/rozklad-jazdy/),
- health service at NCBJ (basic medical care).
- a copy of the diploma confirming education
- curriculum vitae
- list of scientific publications
- self-presentation, containing a description of the candidate's scientific achievements, patents and implementations, description of other achievements (conference presentations, internships, etc.)
All applications should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declaration:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
1. The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Center for Nuclear Research, ul. Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).