Database and information systems specialist | NOMATEN (online recruitment)2020.04.10 13:05 - Anna Sawińska
Who we are: One of recently awarded 13 European
“Teaming for Excellence” Centres
NOMATEN CoE is formed through a partnership between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland). The NOMATEN CoE has received 7 years of joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. These long-term funds and its novel organizational structure ensure the sustainability of NOMATEN CoE.
NOMATEN focus on the studies and development of novel materials, specifically those designed to work under harsh conditions – radiation, high temperatures and corrosive environments being primary examples. Our ambition is to be a top international research organization in which multinational world-class research teams will design, develop and assess innovative multifunctional materials.
Currently, we are looking for a person for a position of:
Database and information systems specialist
Short description of tasks:
- implementation and managing of IT system and tools to the collection of data and information at research;
- design and develop IT systems and tools to automate the operation of IT infrastructure;
- develop and integrate existing IT services;
- work closely with research groups to provide new IT solution supporting research;
- seeking to improve and optimize the IT service of NOMATEN with new technology accordingly to market's trends;
- cooperation in the process of purchasing IT equipment and software for NOMATEN;
- work closely with the NCBJ IT Unit to support local users.
- University degree Computer Science or Engineering;
- 2+ years of experience in database administration;
- good knowledge of Java (JavaEE, Hibernate, Glassfish/Wildfly, Apache Lucene), AngularJS, Maven, Grunt/Bower, MySQL/Oracle, REST/SOAP;
- fluency in English, spoken and written;
- strong team player;
- high level of responsibility and reliability;
- strong problem solving, ability to learn new tasks and take on new projects;
- ability to synthesis various data and creating recommendations for actions based on them.
experience with Linux operating system, knowledge of script languages Shell/Perl/Python;
working experience with VMware and virtualization technologies.
- a chance to make ones' mark by participation in the creation of a new international Centre of Excellence - NOMATEN;
- personal and professional development with a diverse range of tasks and challenges;
- working with cutting edge technology at one of the largest supercomputer centers in Poland;
- full autonomy;
- employment contract;
- stable working conditions without overtimes and atmosphere of teamwork;
- funding for external and internal training;
- additional annual salary and other social security benefits;
- company transport from Warsaw to Świerk and backwards;
health service at NCBJ (basic medical care).
CV in English should be submitted to: email@example.com
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.