Post-doc | Astrophysics Division2020.03.09 14:40 - Anna Sawińska
The Department of Fundamental Research at National Centre for Nuclear Research in Warsaw, Poland, invites applications for a postdoctoral position.
The successful candidate will work with Dr. Katarzyna Małek under a project „ASTROdust: a complete census of dust attenuation in galaxies based on the analysis of millions of galaxies observed by Herschel” (National Science Centre, UMO-2018/30/E/ST9/00082). The candidate is expected to work on statistical studiesof the attenuation of dust in galaxies and its dependence on the types of galaxies in different space ages uning a unique sample of 170 million galaxies observed in the infrared by the Herschel satellite.
Work location: Pasteura 7, Warsaw.
- PhD degree
- Work experience and past archievements:
- Research experience in astrophysics, documented by publications.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Experience in grant applications.
- Documented experience in analysis of physical properties of galaxies base on infared data and statistical analyses of large astronomical data samples.
- The successful candidate will work in a young and active team, with a broad spectrum of expertize and interests in the area of extragalactic astrophysics and observational cosmology.
- Possibility to join the projects in which our team is currently participating or which are conducted in the Division.
The successful candidate can also co-supervise PhD students a
Contract for two years, with a possibility of one year extension.
All documents should be sent to: email@example.com until 24.04.2020.
Astrophysics Division BP4,
Ms. Dorota Dobrowolska,
+48 22 273 28 01
- a copy of the PhD diploma,
- a cv,
- a list of publications,
- a list of patents and implementations,
- a summary of past research activities with an outline of research plans,
- The applicant should also arrange for two recommendation letters sent directly by the recommending person to the address given above.
As an attachment to your application please legibly sign and enclose the following declaration:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
For more information, see https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing.