Post-doc | Astrophysics Division (BP4)2020.01.02 9:34 - Anna Sawińska
The National Center for Nuclear Research opens a competition for the position of post-doc
at the Fundamental Research Department, Astrophysics Division.
Work location: Pasteura 7 str., Warsaw, Poland
The successful candidate will work in a team specializing in studies of extragalactic astrophysics and large scale structure, and participating in a number of international big sky survey projects including VIPERS, HELP and LSST. In particular, our team members specialize in studies in the area of galaxy evolution, evolution of the large scale structure of the Universe, and application of machine learning techniques for big astronomical data.
- PhD degree,
- research experience in astrophysics, documented by publications,
fluency in English, spoken and written.
- experience in grant applications;
- experience in gaining observational time on world class telescopes;
documented experience in one of the following fields:
- analysis of spectroscopic data
- application of machine learning techniques to large data sets
- experience in multimessenger/multiwavengths studies of extragalactic sources.
contract for two years, with a possibility of extension;
the successful candidate will work in a young and active team, with a broad spectrum of expertize and interests in the area of extragalactic astrophysics and observational cosmology;
possibility to join the projects in which our team is currently participating or which are conducted in the Division.
the successful candidate can also co-supervise PhD students and interns.
- a copy of the PhD diploma,
- a cv,
- a list of publications,
- a list of patents and implementations,
- a summary of past research activities with an outline of research plans,
- the applicant should also arrange for two recommendation letters sent directly by the recommending person to the address given above.
Astrophysics Division BP4:
Ms. Dorota Dobrowolska, firstname.lastname@example.org, +48 22 273 28 01
All applications should be sent to: email@example.com