Post-doc | Division of Nuclear Energy and Environmental Analysis2020.10.15 11:16 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research seeks to appoint for the position of post-doc at Division of Nuclear Energy and Environmental Analysis of the Department of Complex Systems.
Workplace: Otwock - Świerk (Poland) - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
Short description of tasks:
The job is related to the activities of the Reactor Analyses Section within Division of Nuclear Energy and Environmental Studies. It requires application of advanced computing technics to: safety analyses of nuclear facilities – safety assessment in the area of thermal-hydraulic analyses in operational states and design basis accidents of nuclear reactors, analysis of phenomena occurring in power reactors, research reactors, experimental installations and other facilities, development of models of phenomena, development and validation of computational tools. In particular, it needs making use of statistics techniques for uncertainty and sensitivity studies. It will be necessary to use computational methods for computing clusters. It requires knowledge of statistical data processing methods and programming skills.
- PhD in technology or engineering;
- Documented scientific activity in: computer science, fluid mechanics in particular with applications in the following fields: numerical methods, two-phase flow modelling in nuclear reactors, uncertainty and sensitivity analyses in complex systems;
- analytical skills;
- capabilities in self-directed or team work;
- programming skills (unix/linux, python, Fortran);
- experience with High Performance Computers (Torque/Slurm)
- advanced English skills in speaking and writing confirmed with C1 certificate.
- motivation letter
- copy of PhD diploma
- list of publications
- summary of scientific accomplishments
- optionally letters of recommendation or contact to referees
Prof. dr hab. Mariusz Dąbrowski
National Centre for Nuclear Research
Andrzeja Sołtana 7
05-400 Otwock, Świerk
Documents should be sent to: Mariusz.Dabrowski@ncbj.gov.pl
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.