Post-Doc position in experimental neutrino physics2019.06.17 15:08 - Anna Sawińska
National Centre For Nuclear Research (NCBJ), Poland, is inviting holders of the PhD degree in physics to apply for a position of a Post-Doc in the project “Precise measurements of neutrino oscillations in the improved T2K experiment” (http://t2k-experiment.org/). The project is funded within the SONATA-BIS UMO-2018/30/E/ST2/00441 program granted by the National Science Center, Poland, (NCN) and run by the Warsaw Neutrino Group (http://neutrino.ncbj.gov.pl/). The position is for 3 years, starting in autumn 2019. The successful candidate will be hired under a full-time employment contract with a competitive salary of 10000 PLN gross per month. He/she will not be permitted to receive any other remuneration from National Science Centre funds during the entire period of the contract.
The successful candidate is expected to work on the analysis of experimental data including the performance studies (in particular for low energy particles), to participate in development of the simulation and reconstruction software and analysis tools for the upgraded Near Detector of T2K experiment. The involvement in the selection of event samples which can be used for the cross section measurements and/or for the suppression of the systematic errors in the neutrino oscillation analysis is also expected, in cooperation with a PhD student. The specifics of the job will depend on the individual preferences of the candidate.
Funding necessary to cover travel costs to cooperating institutions in Europe/Japan and costs of participation in relevant international scientific conferences/workshops has been allocated in the project budget.
- PhD in physics (preferably elementary particle physics, nuclear physics, astrophysics, computing methods in physics) obtained not earlier than in January 2013.
- very good command of written/spoken English (sufficient to write scientific publications/technical documentation and to fluently communicate in international teams)
- very good knowledge of at least one programming language (preferably C++) and the UNIX/LINUX environment. Solid experience with the following software packages: ROOT and Geant 4.
- experience in working in international research team (preferably in neutrino experiments).
- documented scientific output
- thinking independence combined with good communication/team-work skills.
- list of publications, record of received training courses, internships, scholarships, participation in scientific conferences, received awards etc.
- motivation letter with a description of applicant’s scientific interests.
- PhD degree diploma copy/photo.
- the applicant should also arrange two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- dr hab. Justyna Łagoda, email@example.com
Application submission deadline: August 18th 2019.
E-mail your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying „[post-doc]” in the mail subject field. One position is available and only the selected applicants will be contacted for the possible interview.
The recruitment process shall be finished around beginning of September, 2019.
The successful candidate is expected to start his/her research from October 2019 / November 2019. Work location: Warsaw.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.