Post-Doc position in experimental neutrino physics | BP32021.09.28 17:11 - Anna Sawińska
National Centre For Nuclear Research (NCBJ), Poland, is inviting holders of the PhD degree in physics to apply for a position of
in the project “Precise measurements of neutrino oscillations in the improved T2K experiment” (http://t2k-experiment.org/).
The position is granted for one year with possible extension by one more year. The project is funded within the SONATA-BIS UMO-2018/30/E/ST2/00441 program granted by the National Science Center, Poland, (NCN) and run by the Warsaw Neutrino Group (http://neutrino.ncbj.gov.pl/)
Localization: Warsaw, Pasteura 7
Description of tasks:
The specifics of the job will depend on the individual preferences of the candidate. The successful candidate is expected to work on:
- the analysis of experimental data including the performance studies (in particular for low energy particles),
- to participate in development of the simulation
- reconstruction software and analysis tools for the upgraded Near Detector of T2K experiment.
- the involvement in the selection of event samples which can be used for the cross section measurements and/or for the suppression of the systematic errors in the neutrino oscillation analysis is also expected, in cooperation with a PhD student.
Funding necessary to cover travel costs to cooperating institutions in Europe/Japan and costs of participation in relevant international scientific conferences/workshops has been allocated in the project budget.
- PhD in physics (preferably elementary particle physics, nuclear physics, astrophysics, computing methods in physics) obtained not earlier than in October 2014.
- Very good command of written/spoken English (sufficient to write scientific publications/technical documentation and to fluently communicate in international teams)
- Very good knowledge of at least one programming language (preferably C++) and the UNIX/LINUX environment. Solid experience with the following software packages: ROOT and Geant 4.
- Experience in working in international research team (preferably in neutrino physics).
- Documented scientific output.
- Analytical skills.
- Thinking independence combined with good communication/team-work skills.
- CV with a description of scientific output/achievements
- List of publications, record of received training courses, internships, scholarships, participation in scientific conferences, received awards etc.
- Motivation letter with a description of applicant’s scientific interests.
- Transcript of BSc and MSc courses grades.
- MSc degree diploma copy/photo (also BSc degree diploma copy if applicable).
- Contact to 2 persons (email, telephone, institute name) who might be later requested for the reference letter.
- Valid e-mail address to the candidate.
- 10000 PLN/month gross salary (before taxation). Notice the lower living costs in Poland as compared to Western Europe that allows for a comfortable living standard. The successful candidate will not be permitted to receive any other remuneration from National Science Centre funds during the entire period of the contract.
- 12 months employment contract (full-position) and possible extension by 12 months
E-mail your application/motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying „[post-doc]” in the mail subject field.
Application submission deadline: December 31, 2021 (All day)
One position is available and only the selected applicants will be contacted for the possible interview.
The recruitment process shall be finished around beginning of January, 2022.
The successful candidate is expected to start his/her research from Feburary/March, 2022.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).