Post-doctoral and PhD positions in materials theory at NOMATEN2019.11.07 15:15 - Anna Sawińska
Post-doctoral and PhD positions in materials theory
NOMATEN Center of Excellence is now in its initial stages and it is formed through a partnership between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland) with 7 years of joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. NOMATEN focuses on the studies and development of novel materials, specifically those designed to work under harsh conditions – radiation, high temperatures and corrosive environments being primary examples.
Post-doctoral and Read more about NOMATEN development at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
Complexity in functional materials
The group of NOMATEN Director prof. Mikko Alava has now available several positions
on the PhD student and postdoctoral levels in fundamental questions in materials theory. The topics will range from the mechanical properties (yielding, time-dependent fracture) to the role and understanding of the microstructure in determining such properties. We also work on Machine Learning approaches in complex materials. Key words of importance are metal alloys, and High-Entropy Alloys in particular.
Candidates interested in or with a background in statistical mechanics of materials, and computational simulations of mechanical properties including ML are in particular encouraged to apply.
Joining NOMATEN means:
Our ambitions is to build a team of both world-leading researchers and young, highly motivated people who are passionate about the topics of their research. In the long run there are collaboration opportunities with other NOMATEN groups, with NOMATEN partners, and for PhD students double degree arrangements may be possible in some cases with Aalto University, Finland.
Type of contract: full-time employment
Place of work: Otwock - Świerk (Poland) - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
Travel funds for participation in conferences and collaboration.
Gross salary (the details in each case depend on qualifications and experience, and the compensation is composed of the base salary, seniority addition, functional addition and project bonus):
- Post-doctoral position 11 250 - 17 000 PLN per month (at current exchange rate 2 600- 4 000 € per month);
- PhD position 7 000 -13 000 PLN per month (at current exchange rate 1 650 - 3 000 € per month);
PhD students may be eligible for participate in our PhD program with stipends excluded some polish taxes.
Read more about contributions in Poland at http://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/hrcareer/contributions-poland
Work in international networks with research institutes and industrial companies. Access to the research potential of NOMATEN’s three partners between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland).
Attractive working conditions - atmosphere of teamwork, family-friendly environment with flexible working hours;
Support of an experienced local team in legal, financial and organisational issues as well as logistic support and advice related to working in Poland - enabling smooth relocation to our research centre and Independence and equal opportunities.
Instructions to applicants:
The application must include the following documents in English:
- a letter of interest that states the applicant’s motivation for applying for the position (max. 1 pp)
- CV with the publication list
- for postdoctoral applicants a brief description of most important scientific achievements and scientific outlook (max. 2 pp)
- a list of 2 reference persons including their positions and contact details (e-mail address)
Application deadline: January 17th, 2020
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment in NOMATEN is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. The selection process will be conducted by the International Scientific Committee. Selected candidates of each RG will be short-listed and invited to interview.
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. In the selection process, short-listed candidates will be interviewed in person or remotedly.
Contact person: Mikko Alava (Mikko.Alava@ncbj.gov.pl).
Applications in electronic form should be submitted to: Magdalena.Jedrkiewicz@ncbj.gov.pl.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
1. The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Center for Nuclear Research, ul. Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.