Postdoc | BP4 (2 positions)2021.03.30 17:28 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research opens the competition for the position of
in Fundamental Research Department, Astrophysics Division (BP4)
The successful candidates will work with dr. Hab. Katarzyna Małek and dr. Ambra Nanni either under the project „ASTROdust: a complete census of dust attenuation in galaxies based on the analysis of millions of galaxies observed by Herschel” (National Science Centre, UMO-2018/30/E/ST9/00082) or „DINGLE: Dust IN Galaxies: Looking through its Emission” (National Science Centre, UMO-2020/38/E/ST9/00077).
In the framework of ASTROdust, the candidate is expected to work on statistical studies of the attenuation of dust in galaxies and its dependence on the types of galaxies in different space ages using a unique sample of 170 million galaxies observed in the infrared by the Herschel satellite.
In the framework of DINGLE, the candidate will model the evolution of dust in galaxies and its infrared emission to be compared with multi-wavelength observations.
Location: Pasteura 7, 02-093 Warsaw.
The candidate is expected:
- PhD degree in the field of astrophysics or physics,
- research experience in astrophysics, documented by publications,
- to have good spoken and written English
- For ASTROdust: documented experience in analysis of physical properties of galaxies base on infrared data and statistical analyses of large astronomical data samples.
- For DINGLE: documented experience in modelling dust emission in galaxies and their chemical evolution.
- experience in grant applications,
- experience in working in international teams, teamwork skills,
- experience in managing research projects, leading scientific teams is welcome;
- a copy of the PhD diploma,
- a cv,
- a list of publications,
- a list of patents and implementations,
- a summary of past research activities with an outline of research plans,
- The applicant should also arrange for two recommendation letters sent directly by the recommending person to the address given below.
The successful candidate will work in a young and active team, with a broad spectrum of expertize and interests in the area of extragalactic astrophysics, stellar evolution and observational cosmology. Possibility to join the projects in which our team is currently participating or which are conducted in the Division. The successful candidate can also co-supervise PhD students.
Salary: ~8450 PLN/month of gross remuneration cost, i.e., expected net salary at ~ 6900 PLN/month, with social security (the final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, taking into account the length of service). Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year.
For ASTRODust we offer contract for 24 months + 5 months pf possible extension.
For we offer contract for DINGLE: 24 months + 9 months pf possible extension.
- ASTROdust: dr hab. Katarzyna Małek, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DINGLE: dr Ambra Nanni, email: email@example.com
Place of submitting applications:
All applications should be sent to:
Astrophysics Division BP4, Ms. Dorota Dobrowolska, firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post or in person to: Ms Dorota Dobrowolska, National Centre for Nuclear Research Department BP4, 7 Pasteura Street, 02-093 Warsaw.
The position for which the candidate is applying should be specified in the object of the e-mail or as a separate document in case of aplication via post (either ASTROdust or DINGLE or both). Non-indication of one of the projects also means applying for both positions.
Please include the following statements in the last section of your application:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
For more information, see:
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).