Postdoc | Nuclear Facilities Operations Department2020.06.19 8:08 - Anna Sawińska
National Centre for Nuclear Research opens a competition for the position of postdoc at Radiological Metrology and Biomedical Physics Division in the Nuclear Facilities Operations Department in Otwock – Świerk.
Short description of the position:
National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) is one of the largest scientific institutes in Poland, has the only one research reactor in Poland. The Nuclear Facilities Operations Department is working on the reactor research stand for the Boron Neutron Capture Therapy, BNCT.
Recruitment is carried out for a scientific position in the Biomedical Research Department (DBB), functioning since 2019, which includes the Cell Culture Laboratory. Biological and radiobiological works are carried out in the Department, as well as chemical works related to boron carriers for boron-neutron therapy. As part of the Department's operation, both projects covering basic and development research are implemented. DBB cooperates, among others with scientists from the Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy of the Polish Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Medical Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Techniques and the Greater Poland Cancer Center.
In connection with ongoing biological research, construction of a research and training station, planned preclinical and phantom research, the candidate for the position would be involved in the development of biophysical and radiobiological research related to the influence of ionizing radiation on the living organism in the context of BNCT therapy.
- doctoral degree in the discipline of physical or biological sciences (radiobiology, biophysics)
- knowledge about the impact of ionizing radiation on living organisms
- experience in work with biological material
- knowledge of molecular biology techniques, biochemical techniques, microbiological techniques
- readiness to focus scientific career on radiobiological research
- ability to write publications in English
- knowledge of English, including technical language at a minimum B2 level
- ability to work in an interdisciplinary research team.
- experience in working in conditions of exposure to ionizing radiation
- experience working in a radiobiological laboratory
- knowledge of techniques such as: clonogenic test, micronucleus test, comet method, histone focus test γH2AX, method of assessing the frequency of dicentric chromosomes
- copy of diploma confirming a Doctor of Medical Sciences degree,
- application letter,
- list of publications,
- list of patents, practical applications etc.,
- list of completed research projects
- description of scientific achievements,
- recommendation letters or contact details of persons (e-mail, telephone, research unit) able to give recommendations to the candidate(s) upon request of the committee.
Maciej Maciak, email@example.com
Radiological Metrology and Biomedical Physics Division, Nuclear Facilities Operations Department
Documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
For more information, see https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing.