Professor of the Institute | MAB NOMATEN2023.09.27 17:28 - Anna Sawińska
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) is formed through a scientific partnership between the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ-Poland), the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-France) and the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT-Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. It is currently composed of 5 Research Groups and is directed by Mikko Alava.
More about NOMATEN CoE and the detailed project descriptions at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
NCBJ opens the competition for the position of
Professor of the Institute
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
The successful candidate will conduct scientific research or development works in the field of computational studies of advanced functional materials in terms of their mechanical and general properties and understanding of the microstructure in determining such properties, analysis and interpretation of data from conducted experiments at NOMATEN CoE.
The candidate is expected to build, within the structures of the Department, her/his own research group dedicated to the above-mentioned topics, and shall actively pursue research grants devoted to these domains. He/she is also expected to help build the scientific excellence of NOMATEN CoE.
- Having the title of dr. hab in the field of physical sciences.
- Significant achievements in simulating material behavior and performance in mechanical loading applications for nuclear and non-nuclear applications.
- Expertise in characterizing deuterium/hydrogen retention and storage in metallic and conditioned carbon surfaces for advanced plasma-facing materials for fusion and nuclear applications.
- Extensive knowledge in computational methods including Ab-Initio DFT, self-consistent-charge density-functional tight-binding method, CPD modeling, and large scale MD with machine learning and reaxFF approaches, as well as experience in multiscale modeling, mechanical characterization, workflow design, the study of optical and electronic properties of doped organic nano-structured 2D materials. Capacity for direct collaboration with experimentalist groups is expected.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good English - proficiency in both speech and writing.
- Experience working in international research teams are required
What we offer:
- Gross Salary - 13 000 – 18 000 PLN (per month (at current exchange rate 2800 – 3900 € per month); the details in each case depend on qualifications and experience, and the compensation is composed of the base salary, seniority addition, functional addition and project bonus).
- Read more about contributions in Poland at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/hrcareer/contributions-poland
- Work in international networks with research institutes and industrial companies.
- Access to the research potential of NOMATEN’s three partners between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland).
- Travel funds for participation in conferences and collaboration, attractive working conditions, atmosphere of teamwork, family-friendly environment with flexible working hours, support of an experienced local team in legal, financial and organisational issues as well as logistic support and advice related to working in Poland - enabling smooth relocation and equal opportunities
- list of publications
- a description of scientific output/achievements
- confirmation of obtaining the title of dr. hab
- a research and career plan
- any other documents that might influence the assessment
Contact: Mikko Alava, firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Center for Nuclear Research, ul. Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.