Professor of the Institute | Theoretical Physics Division2020.11.06 16:12 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research opens the competition for the position of Professor of the Institute in Theoretical Physics Division (BP2) based in Warsaw.
Location: National Centre for Nuclear Research, 7 Pasteur Street, 02-093 Warsaw
Scientific discipline: physics
In addition to the habilitation degree, the candidate is expected to have a documented expertize in elementary particle physics.
Description of tasks:
Within the structures of the Theoretical Physics Division the candidate will conduct research in the field of elementary particle physics, with particular emphasis on physics beyond the Standard Model. Ultimately the candidate is expected to build, within the structures of the Department, her/his own research group dedicated to the abovementioned topics.
The candidate is expected:
- significant scientific expertise, documented by publications, in the field of elementary particle physics, in particular in the searches for physics beyond the Standard Model;
- very good and documented expertise in the statistical analysis of experimental data;
- very good and documented expertise in numerical methods and tools used in the phenomenological analysis of the beyond the Standard Model scenarios;
- experience in international collaboration;
- experience in obtaining research grants in open competitions;
- experience in leading research projects and in team management, confirmed by realization of group research grants as principal investigator;
- experience in supervising PhD students;
- good spoken and written English skills, knowledge of other languages is desirable;
- curriculum vitae;
- list of publications;
- list of patents, implementations and applications;
- Research Statement;
- any other documents that may be relevant for the evaluation.
Prof. Michał Kowal - Head of the Theoretical Physics Division (BP2)
Place of submitting applications:
- Secretariat of the Theoretical Physics Division (BP2); by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post or in person to: Ms Dorota Dobrowolska, National Centre for Nuclear Research Department BP2, 7 Pasteura Street, 02-093 Warsaw.
Please include the following statements in the last section of your application:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Submitted documents will not be returned.
For more information, see:
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).