Support Specialist in Corrosion | MAB NOMATEN2021.10.25 17:18 - Anna Sawińska
Who we are: One of recently awarded 13 European
“Teaming for Excellence” Centres.
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) is formed through a scientific partnership between the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ-Poland), the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-France) and the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT-Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. NOMATEN focuses research on the characterization, analysis and development of advanced multifunctional materials, specifically those designed to work in extreme conditions, with primary examples being radiation, high temperature and corrosion.
More info about NOMATEN CoE and the detailed project descriptions at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
NOMATEN is now recruiting
a Support Specialist in Corrosion
We expect the engineer to assist in the activities of NOMATEN in corrosion related research and play an important role in the startup phase of these:
- set-up of a corrosion laboratory (planning, purchases, installation)
- support of senior staff in research related to the corrosion of materials in various environment), and actively working on development of NOMATEN materials research environment in corrosion and other aspects in collaboration with other research groups’ members and staff.
The engineer will be initially supervised by one of NOMATENs Research Group Leaders.
The corrosion engineer should have:
- at least 3 years of experience in the field consistent with the profile of the Institute's activity
- background in chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, surface engineering, metallic materials science or materials related nuclear industry. A PhD or equivalent is preferred, but strong MSc candidates will be come into consideration
- some hands-on experienced in conducting experimental corrosion research/engineering, chemistry or chemical engineering
- qualifications/experience related to the initial start-up phase of a corrosion research laboratory eg. an ability to initiate and manage small projects from start to finish (liaise with vendors, obtaining quotes, liaise with design and engineering offices, project planning)
- ability and willingness to undergo training, develop skills and self-learning
- analytical mind, creativity, problem-solving oriented, attention to details, high standard of work in international environment, responsible and reliable
- experienced in working in teams and multinational environments
- a colleague / team member who supports junior and senior researchers in furthering the research agenda of NOMATEN
- a person with strong communication skills
We are seeking highly motivated staff scientist/research engineer, who will take charge for the initial start-up phase of the NOMATEN corrosion research program, in particular by:
- being a driving force in setting up the research facilities
- interacting with NOMATEN research staff in enabling corrosion; management of the initiation phase of a corrosion laboratory
Joining NOMATEN means:
A chance to make ones’ own mark by participation in the creation of a new international Centre of Excellence with full research autonomy and being part of a diverse and supportive team of professionals.
Interactions with NOMATEN’s three partners between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland).
Attractive working conditions (excellent remuneration, atmosphere of teamwork, family-friendly environment with flexible working hours, support in relocation);
Gross salary (the details in each case depend on qualifications and experience, and the compensation is composed of the base salary, seniority addition, functional addition and project bonus) - 7 000 – 23 000 PLN per month (at current exchange rate 1 500 – 5 000€ per month);
Read more about contributions in Poland at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/hrcareer/contributions-poland
Type of contract: full-time employment. The position is initially for two years with a possibility of extension after a positive evaluation.
Workplace: Otwock - Świerk (Poland) - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
Support of an experienced local team in legal, financial and organisational issues as well as logistic support and advice related to working in Poland - enabling smooth relocation to our research centre and Poland.
Health service at NCBJ (basic medical care).
External and internal trainings in hard and soft skills as well as participation in professional meetings.
Instructions to applicants
The application must include the following documents in English:
- a letter of interest that states the applicant’s motivation for applying for the position and briefly explains how he or she meets the requirements for the position (1 pp)
- CV (including information about relevant research experience
- full publication list with electronic links to 5 of the most relevant works
- a description of most important engineering and/or scientific achievements (max. 2 pp)
- a list of 2 reference persons including their positions and contact details (e-mail address)
- MSc degree diploma copy/photo
- ss an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declaration: I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
Contact person: Magda Jędrkiewicz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications in electronic form should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Position starts on: Feburary 1st, 2022 (at the earliest).
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
1. The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Centre for Nuclear Research, ul.Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.