PhD student scholarship - Astrophysics2021.05.13 16:07 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) opens competition for doctoral scholarships in the project SONATA BIS 2020/38/E/ST9/00077 (founded by National Science Centre): „DINGLE: Dust IN Galaxies: Looking through its Emission”.
The scholarship is PLN 5000 per month gross.
The PhD thesis is in the framework of DINGLE project, and it will aim to model the observed mid-infrared emission and features of spatially resolved evolved stars as a function of the stellar parameters. The results will be included in stellar population synthesis models and in the code CIGALE in order to model the SED of spatially unresolved galaxies.
The student will be collaborating with an international team of astrophysicists and statisticians. He/she is going to participate in the local and international conferences as well as in the dedicated schools.
The successful candidate has to apply and qualify for doctoral studies at NCBJ Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry (https://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/, deadline: 17 May 2021, but there will be an additional deadline in June).
The successful candidates are expected to start his/her research in October 2021.
Contact Dr. Ambra Nanni, Project Leader, (email@example.com) for more information.
- MSc college degree in physics/astronomy, application of computers in physics, or a similar specialization;
- very good command of written/spoken English;
- very good knowledge of at least one programming language using for data analysis (as Python, R, C++ or similar) and the UNIX/LINUX environment;
- involvement in scientific research, analytical skills, thinking independence combined with good communication/team-work skills;
- good ability in Fortran and Python programming will be an asset.
- Curriculum Vitae;
- a statement of research interests and achievements, your motivation for pursuing a doctoral program,
- description of scientific output (list of publications, scholarships, participation in scientific conferences etc.);
- contact data (e-mail, phone number, institution) to 1-2 reference person(s) who may recommend the candidate;
- copy of college diploma: for graduates of Polish universities this is the Master’s degree, for others it is the degree required as a prerequisite for a PhD degree in the country where it was awarded,
- college exams and marks (complete).
E-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying „[DINGLE]” in the mail Subject field.
Selected applicants will be interviewed. Date of the interview will be individually e-mailed to each invited applicant.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declaration:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
For more information, see:
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).