Konferencja międzynarodowa - Free Electrons Laser Applications in Infrared and THz Studies of New States of Matter2022.06.13 12:45 - Piotr Spinalski
The aim of this conference is to bring together experts in the field of THz and IR science to present current and new investigations that utilize the unique and exceptional characteristics of Free Electron Laser-based IR/THz sources.
TERFEL conference includes the following topics:
- Free electron laser facilities
- Photon beamline instrumentation & diagnostics
- Other high power THz/IR sources of radiation
- THz and IR spectroscopy of condensed matter
- THz and IR properties of biological materials
- Imaging in THz and IR ranges
- Ultrafast magnetic phenomena
- Correlated and low dimensional systems
Research methods using radiation beams generated by Free Electron Lasers have become increasingly important in recent years. In Europe there are several FEL centers operating in the IR/THz spectral range:
- TELBE/FELBE HZDR in Dresden-Rossendorf, Germany
- TeraFERMI at Elettra-Sincrotrone Trieste in Italy
- FLASH at DESY in Hamburg, Germany
- FELIX at Radboud University in Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- ENEA-Frascati, Italy
PolFEL at NCBJ in Otwock-Świerk, Poland (in the near future)
These sources of radiation produce intense pulses with well-defined photon energy, which can be tuned continuously over a wide IR/THz spectral range. Such radiation characteristics enable new types of investigations of the properties of matter, such as nonlinear spectroscopy or time-resolved studies, which can resolve the dynamics of quantum excitations in nanostructures or extremely fast processes occurring at the molecular level in biomaterials.
The conference is organized in close cooperation between NCBJ (National Centre for Nuclear Research) and WAT (Military University of Technology) Warsaw that are constructing the Free Electron Laser in Poland (PolFEL) to develop THz science and technology, together with CENTERA (IHPP PAS), an international laboratory specializing in THz and IR research, and University of Warsaw, well-known for its excellent THz/IR laboratory.
The TERFEL conference is planned in live-onsite mode with all sanitary requirements regarding COVID-19 EU regulations respected.
We cordially invite you to participate and visit Warsaw, Poland.