Devops (junior/mid) Engineer | IDEA2020.02.25 11:11 - Anna Sawińska
Who are we?
Formally We are Interdisciplinary Division for Energy Analyses (IDEA), which is a part of the National Center for Nuclear Research (NCBJ), which is an R&D institute, with all the benefits resulting from the state’s position. Despite being a division of the NCBJ we are highly autonomous and successfully connect research with business. We work for the energy sector, European transmission system operators and organisations such as AXA or ENTSO-E.
We create complete IT solutions and mathematical models that help our clients make better decisions and predict what will happen in the future. At work, we use classic optimization techniques, artificial intelligence methods, ML techniques, market models, high performance computing (HPC) programming techniques and power systems engineering. We successfully connect research and engineering with business, by developing state of the art technologies that bring value.
Some examples of projects are:
- stochastic optimisation of the power grid development planning
- complete IT solution that finds out optimal schedule for further development of the Polish Grid based on 2 bln decision variables with 3 bln constraints
- stochastic line outage cost estimation tool
- unscheduled power flow prediction tool
- web based european grid visualisation application
- more on: https://idea.edu.pl/projects/
What do we offer?
- work in flat-structured 20 people team focused on innovative, state of the art solutions
- startup and creative atmosphere
- good learning environment
- good working atmosphere, weekly workshops, fresh fruits and snacks, cosy garden
- UoP with salary 8 000 PLN – 15 000 PLN gross
- Good knowledge of Linux administration/configuration, TCP/IP networking, routing, firewalls
- Good knowledge of shell (bash) scripting
- Good knowledge: Jenkins, Bamboo or similar
- Good knowledge: git
- Knowledge of Linux administration/configuration
- Programming background (at least one programming language, database system)
- Problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Virtualisation and containerisation
- Understanding of the CI/CD principles and goals
- Experience with systems and IT operations, knowledge of DevOps methodology
- Automate the process of building and releasing the software
- Develop and maintain build environment for complex products
- Develop and maintain automations for the server environments
- Administration of project repositories
- Support preparations of software releases
- Automate IT processes
- Administration of user accounts and permissions
- Help dev teams use new build automation tools you developed
Send your CV to our address: email@example.com or use the contact form below.
Please include in your application following consents:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree/I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.