Fullstack Python Developer2019.05.14 9:39 - Anna Sawińska
Work location - Warsaw
Who are we?
Formally We are Interdisciplinary Division for Energy Analyses (IDEA), which is a part of the National Center for Nuclear Research (NCBJ), which is an R&D institute, with all the benefits resulting from the state's position. Despite being a division of the NCBJ we are a highly autonomous and successfully connect research with business. We work for energy sector, European transmission system operators and organisations such as AXA or ENTSO-E.
We create complete IT solutions and mathematical models that help our clients make better decisions and predict what will happen in future. At work we use classic optimization techniques, artificial intelligence methods, ML techniques, market models, high performance computing (HPC) programming techniques and power systems engineering. We successfully connect research and engineering with business, by developing state of the art technologies that bring value.
Some examples of projects are:
- stochastic optimisation of the power grid development planning - complete IT solution that finds out optimal schedule for further development of Polish Grid based on 2 bln decision variables with 3 bln constraints
- stochastic line outage cost estimation tool
- unscheduled power flow prediction tool
- web based european grid visualisation application
- more on: https://idea.edu.pl/projects/
What we offer:
- work in flat-structured 20 people team focused on innovative, state of the art solutions
- startup and creative atmosphere
- good learning environment
- good working atmosphere, weekly workshops, fresh fruits and snacks, cosy garden
- remote work: 1 per week (to discuse)
- UoP with salary 9 000 PLN - 15 000 PLN gross
- good knowledge of Python
- familiarity with good programming practices and design patterns. We expect that you can create well tested and clean code
- experience with Flask, SQLAlchemy
- experience with open source SQL databases
- experience with one of frontend technologies and frameworks: ReactJS, AngularJS, Vue
- good theoretical basis. Understanding how tools work under the hood
- good knowledge of Linux
- familiarity with parallel processing techniques
- 2+ years of experience in the field
- experience with Cython
- experience different Python implementations like: PyPy, Jython
- experience with D3.js, Plotly, Dash
- experience with NoSQL databases, GIS systems
- experience with CI/CD
- versatile flexible developers
- passion and thirst for knowledge
- contribution to open source projects
- sharing knowledge culture.
You will help us in:
- understanding needs, finding tools and create first prototypes
- architecting and developing applications for various grid simulations
- building UI that visualize result in clear, elegant way
- speeding up processing by parallelizing computation and improving overall performance of applications
- automating processes.
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
1. The controller of the personal data processed during the recruitment process is the National Center for Nuclear Research at Sołtana 7 in Otwock.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
- Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research, Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 3 months from the completion of recruitment process.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.