Mathematical modeller, Analyst | IDEA2021.01.08 9:47 - Anna Sawińska
Who do we need?
People for full-time employment, ready to dedicate their heart and mind to the work in our team. People willing to cooperate, share ideas, use experience, open-minded and keen on setting new goals. The preferred specializations are:
A person who understands the client’s problem develops a mathematical model, implements a prototype, verifies it, delivers its results and interprets them.
Work location: Warsaw
Who are we?
Interdisciplinary Division for Energy Analyses (IDEA), which is a part of the National Centre for
Nuclear Research (NCBJ), which is an R&D institute. We cover our costs with business and
research projects, and our salaries are competitive with the ones in analytics and consulting. We
work for European TSOs and organizations such as AXA or ENTSO-E. We successfully connect
research with business, by developing technologies that bring value to society. Examples of
projects: a tool for stochastic planning of power grid development, design of functional solutions
for DSR, tools for optimal assessment of market zones for the EU energy market, tools for
analysis and optimization power systems voltage and angle stability, etc
- Passion for modelling and solving mathematical & engineering problems
- Intermediate experience with Python (pandas, scikit-learn)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Math / optimization skills
- Machine learning
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with optimization libraries like Gurobi
- Experience with AI Python modules like TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Modelling power systems or energy markets (dealing with Optimal Power Flow)
- critical thinking, problem solving,
What we offer:
- Interesting, real challenges from the first days of work
- Team support
- Work in flat-structured 30 people team focused on innovative, state of the art solutions
- Good learning environment
- Fair treatment
- A chance to change a part of the world in a positive direction
- Karol Wawrzyniak, PhD Eng - Head of Interdisciplinary Division for Energy Analyses (IDEA)
In your application include your CV, financial expectation and availability. We also appreciate short cover letters. Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.