PhD candidates - Assistant Researcher (PL form “Asystent”) | MAB NOMATEN2023.09.21 12:48 - Anna Sawińska
NOMATEN Center of Excellence is formed through a partnership between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. It is currently composed of 5 Research Groups and is directed by Mikko Alava. NOMATEN focuses on the characterization, analysis and development of advanced multifunctional materials, specifically those designed to work in extreme conditions, with primary examples being radiation, high temperature and corrosion. We also conduct research on development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, based on radiopharmaceuticals, to defeat cancer disease. Read more about NOMATEN development at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
NCBJ opens the competition for the position of
PhD candidates - Assistant Researcher (PL form “Asystent”)
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
- conducting research – in field of composition search and machine learning for lightweight, strong alloys by using ab-Initio approaches;
- reporting results on a regular basis;
- cooperating with all members of the CoE;
- preparation of scientific publications;
During their employment, the PhD candidates will be required to timely fulfil all the obligations connected with the process of obtaining the Doctoral degree in the chosen scientific disciplines (such as evaluation, passing exams, participating in lectures and other activities).
- Master of Science or equivalent;
Preferred background: multiscale modeling, mechanical characterization,
- fluency in English, spoken and written;
Our ambition is to build a team composed of world-leading researchers and young, highly motivated people who are passionate about multifunctional materials science.
Gross salary: 7,000 PLN per month (at current exchange rate 1,450 € per month); the details in each case depend on qualifications and experience, and the compensation is composed of the base salary, seniority addition and project bonus).
Read more about contributions in Poland at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/hrcareer/contributions-poland
Work in international networks with research institutes and industrial companies.
Access to the research potential of NOMATEN’s three partners between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland).
Some of the positions are for joint collaborative research with NOMATEN partners CEA (France) and VTT (Finland) and thus include extensive visits to the collaborating institution.
Travel funds for participation in conferences and collaboration, attractive working conditions, atmosphere of teamwork, family-friendly environment with flexible working hours. support of an experienced local team in legal, financial and organisational issues as well as logistic support and advice related to working in Poland - enabling smooth relocation and equal opportunities.
- cover letter that explains the motivating factors for considering the position (max. 1 pp)
- CV with complete publication list
- brief description of important scientific achievements and scientific outlook (max. 2 pp)
- a list of 2 reference persons including their positions and contact details (e-mail address).
- a copy of the diploma (or other document) confirming obtaining MSc
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declaration:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
Contact person: Stefanos Papanikolaou (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications in electronic form should be submitted in English to: email@example.com
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. In the selection process, short-listed candidates will be interviewed in person or remotely.
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
1. The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
a) National Centre for Nuclear Research, ul.Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
b) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
a) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research, Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland,
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment in NOMATEN is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.