Research Group Leaders | NOMATEN2019.10.23 16:35 - Anna Sawińska
Who we are: One of recently awarded 13 European
“Teaming for Excellence” Centres
NOMATEN CoE is formed through a partnership between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland). The NOMATEN CoE has received 7 years of joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. These long-term funds and its novel “from scratch” structure ensure the sustainability of NOMATEN CoE.
NOMATEN focus on the studies and development of novel materials, specifically those designed to work under harsh conditions – radiation, high temperatures and corrosive environments being primary examples. Our ambition is to be a top international research organization in which multinational world-class research teams will design, develop and assess innovative multifunctional materials.
The Research Groups, which will create the NOMATEN community, should to grow to 10-15 people along the 7-year project. The Research Group Leaders (RGL) will enjoy research autonomy and foster innovative approaches.
NOMATEN will start in the initial phase the following 4 research groups:
Material synthesis – we expect the RGL to carry out research in the synthesis of state-of-the art functional materials such as High Entropy Alloys, composite materials, and advanced steels (Oxide Dispersion Strengthened steels serve as an example).
Functional properties of materials – we expect the RGL to conduct research to understand how functional properties are related to the material microstructure and contribute to finding potential industrial applications of such materials.
Analytics and characterization - the RGL carries out research of characterizing advanced functional materials - quantifying the properties of material samples after synthesis and after property testing. This includes working at the experiment-model interface, where microscopic information is needed for model verification and where experiments pose theoretical questions.
Structure and function – the RGL is expected to carry out research on multifunctional materials based on advanced computational models ranging from the ab initio scale to the mesoscale including molecular dynamics approaches.
Read more about NOMATEN development at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
Research Group Leaders should be:
- a researcher with excellent research track record (min. 4 years after PhD)
- experienced in the management of research teams
- experienced in working in multinational environments
- a mentor who supports junior researchers on their careers (ability to direct a Ph.D. thesis)
- a team maker who cooperates with other RG Leaders
a person with strong communication skills
We are seeking highly motivated scientists, who will be responsible for management of their Research Groups, in particular for:
- setting up the group (define the Research Agenda and create the team);
- conducting and initiating world-class research (including participation in competitive programmes to ensure further R&D funding for their groups; management of existing R&D projects);
- management of group (evaluation of performance, oversight of group’s finances, budgetary preparation, participation in public procurement when appropriate)
Joining NOMATEN means:
A chance to make ones’ own mark by participation in the creation of a new international Centre of Excellence with full research autonomy and being part of a diverse and supportive team of professionals.
Team start-up package with dedicated budget for personnel, equipment, traveling, conferences.
Access to the research potential of NOMATEN’s three partners between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland).
Attractive working conditions (excellent remuneration, atmosphere of teamwork, family-friendly environment with flexible working hours, support in relocation);
Gross salary (the details in each case depend on qualifications and experience, and the compensation is composed of the base salary, seniority addition, functional addition and project bonus)
15 000 – 23 000 PLN per month (at current exchange rate 3 500 – 5 300€ per month);
Read more about contributions in Poland at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/hrcareer/contributions-poland
Type of contract: full-time employment.
Workplace: Otwock - Świerk (Poland) - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
Support of an experienced local team in legal, financial and organisational issues as well as logistic support and advice related to working in Poland - enabling smooth relocation to our research centre and Poland.
Health service at NCBJ (basic medical care).
External and internal trainings in hard and soft skills as well as participation in conferences.
Instructions to applicants:
The application must include the following documents in English:
A letter of interest that states the applicant’s motivation for applying for the position and briefly explains how he or she meets the requirements for the position (1 pp)
CV (including information about research project experience in particular as a PI)
full publication list with electronic links to 5 of the most relevant works
a description of most important scientific achievements (max. 2 pp),
a Research Agenda for the group which describes the research which is to be carried out and a vision for leading the research group (max. 2 pp)
a list of 2 reference persons including their positions and contact details (e-mail address)
Application deadline: January 31st, 2020
The deadline for submitting applications is prolonged due to external requests.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment in NOMATEN is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. The selection process will be conducted by the International Scientific Committee. Selected candidates of each RG will be short-listed and invited to interview.
Contact person: Magda Jędrkiewicz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications in electronic form should be submitted to: email@example.com.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
1. The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Center for Nuclear Research, ul. Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.