PhD student scholarship – particle physics | BP32022.08.01 13:30 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) invites applications for
in the project OPUS 2021/41/B/ST2/01369, ”A novel approach to the physics of vector boson scattering in the CMS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider”, founded by the National Science Centre (NCN).
Timescale of the project: 48 months.
The project is related to the analysis of data which will be collected by the CMS detector at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, Geneva, between 2022-2025 (Run 3 of the LHC). The successful applicant will become part of the Warsaw CMS group and are expected to carry research on vector boson scattering processes within an international collaboration of physicists. The main objective of the analysis will be search for signatures of physics beyond the Standard Model in the framework of effective field theories. The successful candidate will also participate in service work related to the operation and maintenance of the CMS muon trigger as part of their duties within the Warsaw CMS group.
The scholarship is PLN 4200 per month gross.
Preselected candidates will be invited for an interview and an oral exam in general physics at the
college level in the Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry of NCBJ.
The appointments are expected to commence in October 2022.
Location: Warsaw, ul. Pasteura 7
- MSc degree in particle physics or a closely related field,
- very good programming skills (C++, UNIX/LINUX environment, knowledge of the ROOT package), good understanding of particle physics theory will be a bonus,
- fluency in spoken and written English,
- engagement in scientific research, analytical skills, ability to work in a large international collaboration
- completed application form, to be downloaded from https://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/requirements/,
- CV including a list of publications, fellowships, participation in scientific conferences, schools, etc.,
- motivation letter with a statement of research interests,
- contact data (e-mail, phone number, institution) to 1-2 referees who may recommend the candidate,
- copy of college diploma,
- college transcripts (complete).
Applications should be sent via the Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry. Please select physics topic no. 7 in the application form and send your documents via e-mail to email@example.com before August 26, 2022. The date of the interview and exam will be individually e-mailed to each invited applicant. The recruitment process will finish by September 2022.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).