Professor of the Institute | BP22021.05.13 11:25 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research opens the competition for the position of
Professor of the Institute
in Theoretical Physics Division (BP2)
Location: ul. Pasteura 7, 02-093 Warszawa
The candidate is expected to have the habilitation degree and a documented expertise
in theoretical high energy physics specialized in hadron structure description in the framework
of Quantum Chromodynamics.
Description of tasks:
In the Theoretical Physics Division the candidate will conduct research in the field of theoretical description of the hadron structure. Ultimately the candidate is expected to build, within the structures of the Department, her/his own research group dedicated to the above-mentioned topics.
The candidate is expected to have:
- significant scientific expertise, documented by publications, in the field of high energy physics with particular emphasis on high energy quantum chromodynamics;
- excellent and documented expertise on the physics of exclusive processes and their description in terms of Generalised Parton Distributions (GPDs)
- excellent and documented expertise on investigation of the hadron structure, especially its three-dimensional description (hadron tomography)
- very good and documented expertise on the theoretical predictions for the ongoing and planed experiments of exclusive processes (COMPASS, JLAB, EIC, LHC)
- experience in international collaborations;
- experience in obtaining research grants in open competitions;
- experience in teaching at the PhD level and in organization of the Graduate School;
- excellent spoken and written English skills;
- copy of documents confirming habilitation;
- curriculum vitae;
- list of publications;
- list of patents, implementations and applications;
- research statement;
- any other documents that may be relevant for the evaluation.
Head of the Theoretical Physics Division (BP2) dr hab. Michał Kowal,
Place of submitting applications:
Secretariat of the Theoretical Physics Division (BP2);
by e-mail to: email@example.com;
by post or in person to:
Ms Dorota Dobrowolska,
National Centre for Nuclear Research Department BP2,
7 Pasteura Street, 02-093 Warsaw
Please include the following statements in the last section of your application:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
For more information, see:
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).